Oh we got prettttty close to the mirror....hahaha
I love my companion too!! We are so happy! This transfer is flying by. But we are really hoping to stay another because we work so well together but have so much fun too!!) I am absolutely loving it!!!!
And also this is the second email I am sending you...I literally finished my email and then boom I pressed delete by accident. I'm literally close to tears right now. So I'm having to write it all out again. So if this one is rubbish...it's because the first one was Epic!! Haha.
SO WHOS READY TO HEAR ABOUT MY AMAZING WEEK????... HERE WE GOO....
So our week started off epically. Let me tell you about the beautiful miracle we had at the beginning of the week!!! So we had two minutes to get out train, and it normally takes five minutes to walk there from our house. So we RAN!! And as we were running we past a lady speed walking to train (I think she realized she needed to run) so she starting running with us. We JUST made the train! And we laughed together. And as we got on the train she walked the other way, which is normal but we were a little upset because we both felt we needed to talk to her more!! Anyway that evening we were coming home and we got off of the train and then we heard "salut" and it was her!!! We spoke the whole way home, turns out she lives on the same street. We got on to who we are and what we are doing here and she is interested and she gave us her address and told us we can pass whenever!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!! I'm so excited to pass her this week. And I'll let you know how it goes!!
For FHE on Monday we shared the Mormon message of. David a bednar on " the pattern of light" personal revelation. And it was really cool because the family had invited a less active who hasn't been to church in a long while. Well he shared how he didn't really want to come, but something pushed him to come. And he loved the message, it was exactly what he needed to hear. And he said he wants to start coming back to church!! MIRACLE.
SO YOU KNOW A FEW EMAILS BACK, I SAID HOW PROUD I WAS BECAUSE I HADNT HAD EMBARASSING MOMENTS RECENTLY?? Well my clean streak has come to an end.... Are you ready? Here we go....
1. We were on exchange. And we were waiting on a bench in a park from an ami. And this ami, I had never met before. So I was just going by what sister rauzduel had told me. Well we see a guy, and he fits the description...haha. So we waved and he came over we started speaking etc and we thought it was him. Well a few minutes in, our actual ami walks in and it was a stranger!!!! Hahaha it was so funny! He was just going along with it!!
So I'm going in order of seriousness ok. Because the first one was more funny than EMBARASSING.
2. We were teaching and whilst our ami was talking he let out a huge burp! Like huge. And I just couldn't keep it. No way. I was crying with laughter. And he just carried on like nothing had happened. Well there was no way. I couldn't contain myself. So that was a little embarassing.
3. Ok here we go ...the grand finale!! So I was on the steps heading up to the institute building speaking to our ami. And unknown to me I was standing on a ventilator (wind blowing ,machine thing) so I was speaking and my skirt was flowy (of course) and it was all the way up. Well I hadn't realized. And then a ysa came down the steps and said "hey Marilyn Monroe!" And I was like "what?" And then I looked down and I realized!! And then I went bright red and then i ran up to the institute. Hahaha.
Oh dear me. They so make it funny though!! Got to love it. But it was very EMBARASSING. I think Switzerland is my unlucky charm for embarassing moments!!
So shoutout to Lauren's FHE lesson she gave last week!! On prayer. We had a FHE with our ami, and we did the same thing, I stole your lesson. Of writing a letter to God and then asking how he would get it, and teaching her about prayer. And well it was exactly what she needed. She loved it, it was simple and she understood if completely and she hadn't been praying. And we have been following up on her this week on her prayers and she has been praying everyday and said she feels great when she does. So I know it's going to change her life. THANK YOU!!
So as you know the elders told you they watched the missionary broadcast last week. And we got to watch it too, it was a worldwide missionary broadcast and it was amazing. And yes I'm going to tell you everything I loved...haha here we goo....
Well first elder fu was speaking it it! So that was really cool. I did an "elf " moment of "I KNOW HIM!!!" Hahah seriously that really happened!! ...
- ok so Neil l Andersen said " always have his name on your lips. Always be prepared to testify of him, on a bus, on the street in a home. If you don't know what to say, testify of the savior." I lived this because I've seen it so much in my mission. When you don't know what to say, testify of the savior and it all makes sense. There is nothing more powerful than someone testifying of our savior!!
- David a bednar: " we bring the spirit UNTO their hearts, only they can bring it INTO their hearts!" He spoke a lot on the role of the Holy Ghost and how we are not the teachers, he is. He is the greatest teacher. And we are incapable of accomplishing what we are here to do without the Holy Ghost. He does the teaching of the heart, of course we are important to. We matter, our preparation matters and our worthiness matters. But in the end we are just the instruments in the lords hands.
-"who are you? You are sons and daughters of God. You are royalty." He spoke a lot on the importance of recognizing who you are. And this is extremely important because once you realize who you are, your heritage, your destiny, your potential. Then you are more capable of seeing the tenet ill in others. That is something I have learnt on the mission, to be able to see others as children of God, heirs to their kingdom, their potential is enormous!!!!! It changing everything when you have this vision.
- ok my FAVOURITE is this one...and sorry I'm going on a bit now...haha " we do not teach to bring them into the church, or to live better lives. These are important and they come with it. But we offer something greater. Every child of God will qualify for a glory even without the ordinances of the gospel. But we offer the celestial kingdom. We offer the highest degree!" DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT!!! I DO. we don't settle for anything less. There's a quote I live from John Taylor "the kingdom of God or nothing" . That's really what it is. Why settle for anything less, when the celestial kingdom is in your grasp!!!!
On Friday we had a huge finding day here in Geneva!!! With all the missionaries from our zone. And yes we had MANY MIRACLES!! but I'll share one of them with you!! So I was with sister descoubes and we prayed to know which way to go, she felt a way, so we went. And there was no one along the way, and then we saw a bench with a woman and a young boy sitting on it. And we started speaking with her. And we were completely guided to her. She really needed us in that moment. We taught her the plan of happiness and she shared how she has lost her father, her brother and her husband recently. She cried, we cried together actually. And the spirit was really strong. And we know she felt it too. It was a lovely miracle to live!! MIRACLES EVERYWHERE!!
(And I have photos to send as we were with all the missionaries!!)
I finished the Book of Mormon this week!! It was so great, and I can't wait to restart it again. It changes my life every single time. It is a life changer. I see it change lives every single day. And we are so lucky to have another witness, this extraordinary witness of Jesus Christ. Study it. Daily. Personally!! It will change you life, no matter how many times you read it!! I will do so, for the rest of my life, because each time I read it, it changes something in me, gives me a new light, hope!! I love it!! And I know that it is the truth!!
So I loved a talk that was given on Sunday he said "this life is a marathon, not s spring!!" And "the gospel, is a gospel of second chances" I really loved this one, because it's so true. The gospel is a gospel of second chances, I know that's true. It a gospel of change, it a gospel of happiness and new hope and light. And it leads us all the way to our Heavenly Father!!
PONDERIZING scripture: mormoni 7:13- all good things come from God!!
Also sneak peak for next weeks email, me and soeur Larsen are writing lyrics to "love is an open door"
Missionary style!! Haha!! It's brilliant!
I'm soooo excited for this coming week. We have a lot of rdvs, with members too (which means getting fatter) yay! Haha. And I'm most excited for Thursday, we have a relief society activity and they are doing a Plan of salvation night, where each room is a different pray of the plan. And they asked me to be the Angel who welcomes them all into the celestial kingdom. How cute is that!! Haha so I am pretty excited to be an angel this week. For sure mother il send you pictures!!
Well I know this week is going to be full of miracles. It's going to be epic. Go have another epic one with me!!
You are so WONDERFUL, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, INDIVIDUALS. AND I LOVE YOU.
oh and remember everyday that I love you!!
LOVE YOU ONE AND ONLY......
SISTE FAGG XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. X. (Beat ya MUHUMMA)